- Incredibly cute lion clubs playing at Londolozi
- First Footage of a Brand New Leopard Cub – Londolozi
- Angry elephant charges lions and gets a bit too close to tourists at Madikwe
Rene lives just outside Kruger so gets to go in everyday and enjoy the beauty of this magnificent park.
I love this picture of hers of a wild dog. They are beautiful animals and the black and white evokes even more emotion in the viewer.
Rene calls this young male lion, Goliath. She says that most of the time you can find him on the H14, about 20km from Phalaborwa gate. She has grown to know the animals in her area and chatting to her is always so interesting.
Rene found this beautiful leopard one morning near Sable dam and snapped this shot.
Follow Rene on her Facebook page and get a frequent fix of beautiful photographs from Kruger.
Nobby Clarke lives close to iMfolozi Game Reserve in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa and he goes into the park as often as he can. He takes stunning photographs of both mammals and birds and has some great macro and landscape images too. Here are a couple of his shots (it was hard to choose just 2!):
I love the crispness of this photo of a Yellow Billed Kite. You can almost see every feather!
This has to be the most unusual pose I’ve seen from a lioness – obviously sharpening her claws on the tree but Nobby really captured the moment well.
Please take note of these copyright laws and conditions for sharing photographs – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
- In the shadow of Mount Kenya – http://bushboundgirl.com/2013/04/02/in-the-shadow-of-mount-kenya/
She has an amazing drawing talent too! Check out some of here life-like drawings here.
- The team at Wild Eye SA asked their Facebook fans for their personal tips on improving photography and these are the Top 10 – they chose ones that were a little more out the box
- 5 Essential Tips for Better Travel Photos. Some basics on taking better photos on holiday with your point & shoot camera
- The Mphongolo Trail, Kruger National Park. This 3 night, 4 day hiking trail is in the Shingwedzi area of Kruger. Sounds amazing! Current rates are R2,050 per person.
- The Kgalagadi Leopard Project – http://www.ast.uct.ac.za/~schurch/leopards/index.html
Dr Matthew Schurch started this project in 2011 to help create identification guides for the leopards of the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. Help him by submitting your leopard pics (even historical ones) from the KTP.
Download a FREE guide from his site.
- Photographic Safaris with Wild Eye – have a look at the fantastic array of photographic safaris lined up for 2013 and 2014 led by the Wild Eye Ambassadors team – http://photography.wild-eye.co.za/photographic-safaris-and-tours/2013-photographic-safaris-tours/
“The Wild Eye Ambassadors team is made up of six photographers who are not only great at what they do but also love sharing their knowledge, experience and passion.
By doing away with old stereotypes and bringing a much needed fresh approach to the various photographic courses, workshops and photographic safaris they present, the Wild Eye Ambassadors will change the way you see nature photography and photographic safaris.
By combining an extensive nature photography knowledge base with the travel expertise of Wild Eye Travel you can rest assured that when you join a Wild Eye workshop of photographic safari you are in very good hands.”
- From SANParks – |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld National Park Road closures
- From SANParks – Ministry of Water and Environmental Affairs and SANParks Board saddened by the loss of lives in the KNP
- Africa’s 10 best safari guides according to The Telegraph UK
- Fines for killing tigers, leopards, snow leopards and northern falcons have been raised to 1.1 million rubles ($35,390) – http://rapsinews.com/legislation_news/20130401/266887550.html